As expected, Apple has released iOS 13 GM (golden master) for developers, and the final version of the update will be released publicly on September 17th. In this article we will tell you how to install iOS 13 on your device now.
Below we will talk about two ways to install iOS 13.
The first method does not require registration in a public beta testing program.
For the second method, you will need to officially register with the Apple beta program in order to install iOS 13.
Before installing iOS 13 on your device, we recommend that you save a backup copy from which you can recover.
Devices supporting iOS 13
iOS 13 will support the same devices as iOS 11. This means that even the iPhone 5s, released in 2013, will also support iOS 13.
- Xs, Xs Max
- 8 Plus
- 7 Plus
- 6s plus
- new 9.7 inch iPad
- 12.9 inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- 10.5 inch iPad Pro
- Air 2
- mini 4
- mini 3
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC and open iTunes.
- In the top menu of iTunes, click on the icon of your iPhone or iPad.
- Click Create Copy Now. If you want an additional level of security, check the box next to Encrypt backup … This will save confidential data such as: passwords, Health application data, HomeKit accessory information and logins. By choosing this option, you will ease your task during recovery. Such a copy is protected by a password that can be stored in Keychain.
- Now you need to make an archive from the copy. In the program menu, select Device Settings.
- On the Devices tab, right-click on the saved copy and select Archive.
1 way. How to install iOS 13 GM now without a developer account and public tester
- From your iPhone or iPad, follow this link. Need to download a file.
- The iOS Beta Software Profile page will automatically open. You will need to click Install three times, and then reboot the device.
- After your iPhone or iPad restarts, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update and install iOS 13 GM. If she is not there, wait a few minutes and try again. In extreme cases, you can restart the device again.
After the update is downloaded, install it as usual.
2 Way. Sign up for a testing program
- Go to beta.apple.com and click Sign up.
- Log in to your Apple ID and accept the terms and conditions of the beta program.
Step 1: You have registered your Apple account in the public beta testing program, and now you need to register the iPhone or iPad itself. To do this, on your iPhone or iPad, go to the Apple public beta website and log into the same Apple account.
Step 2: Go to the iOS tab and select Download profile. After that, you need to install the beta profile on your iPhone or iPad. When the profile is installed, reboot the device for the changes to take effect.
How to install iOS 13 GM on your iPhone or iPad
When the beta profile is installed on the device, you can install the beta version of the update itself.
Step 1: Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
Step 2: On this screen, you will see iOS 13 GM available for download. If not, try again after a while.
Before installing, it is better to connect the device to a Wi-Fi network with a good signal. To download the beta, click Download and install.
All future public beta versions will appear on your device automatically, and you won’t have to do anything for it.
Recall that iOS 13 is still under development, so there will definitely be some bugs in the beta version until Apple fixes them before the release of the final version.
Through a beta test program, Apple provides an opportunity to test iOS 13 to everyone, even before the release. In addition, this way it is easier for a company to test the update on different devices and find bugs in it.